About this Website
This website is dedicated to the life and work of Dr.-Ing. Hans J. Scheel as a researcher and inventor in the field of Crystal Growth Technology (CGT). It should pass long-year experiences to the younger generation and motivate education of crystal technologists and crystal growers in the multi-disciplinary field of CGT including deriving single optimum technologies for producing best specific crystals, epilayers, and multilayers.
Result of first ACRT experiment January 1970: a 210g GdAlO3 crystal
SitemapHome - this page
Here you find topics with video statements of HJS and related publications, some as PDF files.
The timeline provides an interactive widget with text and photographs about the private and scientific life of HJS.
The full list of books, scientific publications and invited lectures of HJS.
Online-Edition of the Book Elwell&Scheel “Crystal Growth from High-Temperature Solutions” with additional chapter 11 and Appendices
For PDF of important publications see topics in Crystal Growth.
Crystal Growth Problems solved by HJS
Milestones (for details see Timeline)
- Organic pigment dye Quinacridone crystallized 1966
- Mechanism of Pyroceram/Vitroceram formation 1966
- Accelerated Crucible Rotation Technique ACRT 1971, 1972
- Large striation-free solid-solution crystals (KTN) by ACRT 1982, 2001
- Book Elwell&Scheel “Crystal Growth from High-Temperature Solutions” 1975
- Dislocation-free SrTiO3 1976, 1977, 1981
- Atomically flat GaAs surfaces by MultiLPE and STM 1977, 1980, 1982, 1995
- First large crystals & LPE of high-Tc superconductors YBCO & NdBCO 1988, 1989, 1994
- Control of epitaxial growth modes for best devices 1997, 2003, 2007
- International Workshops on Crystal Technology 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008
- History of crystal growth & technology 1993, 2000, 2003–
- Fluid dynamics of tsunamis and tropical storms 2011–